Traditionally eaten after Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve, Mince Pies are a much-loved Christmas treat in Ireland!
- 8oz [225g] Plain Flour
- 4oz [125g] Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 3.5 oz [100g] Ground Almonds
- 4oz [125g] Butter
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- A little water
- 1lb [450g] Jar Mincemeat
- Icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Lightly grease your cake tins.
- Mix together the flour, sugar and ground almonds in a bowl.
- Rub butter into the dry ingredients.
- Add the egg.
- Pour in a small amount of water and mix into a soft dough.
- Pour the mixture onto a lightly floured board and knead gently.
- Cover the dough with cling film and keep in fridge until ready to use.
- Roll pastry on a floured surface.
- Use a cookie cutter (or a floured glass rim) to create rounds. Place the round into the bun tins.
- Put a teaspoon of mincemeat in each.
- Using a cookie cutter, create star shaped lids from the remaining pastry to put on top.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dust with icing sugar for a snowy effect!
Make Your Bake Great!
Serve with a nice big dollop of whiskey-laced cream to ensure smacking lips all around the table! To make your own whiskey cream. simply whip together approx 9 f oz of cream, a tablespoon of your favorite Irish whiskey and a teaspoon of icing sugar.